Friday, November 4, 2011

It's been a long time

Hello! How is everyone doing. I am not doing well in the diet department. Kicking the fast food addiction is hard. Also kicking the eating when I am stressed and bored addiction is hard too. I think I am finally starting to realize what my really problem is. It's food! I can control it and need to start.

I have gone back to working out. I really do love working out. I never thought I would be like that, but I do. Of course now that I am in the swing of things our car's inspection is due and so I can't go to the gym. Unless of course I want to risk getting a ticket. Hurry up payday!

I have kind of changed my workout routine. I finally listened to my husband and started using the free weights. Just a few times and I already see a difference. What would've taken me weeks to see with the weight machines I am seeing after only a few times of using the free weights. My best friend also got me to use the balance ball. I had always eyed them in the gym but was afraid to use them because I didn't want to be that woman that falls off of them in front of everyone. Once Frankie showed me the correct way to use them I have fell in love. NEVER in my life have I had such an awesome ab workout. Even when I was dancing almost everyday and my teacher would make us do about 500 crunches. I mean I am finally feeling my lower ab muscles actually being worked. Which the machines never get!

On other news, last weekend I walked the AIDS 5k. That was nothing! I mean it was cold and rainy but even after I finished I still went to the gym because I felt so good. I have felt so good that in fact I have signed up to do my first running 5k. Thanksgiving morning I will be waking up and running the Turkey Trot. There's another one in December that I am going to enter as well. I am going to work my way up. Once I can run a 5k no problem then I will do a 10k, a half marathon and then a full marathon. Who knows maybe someday I will do a triathlon. It remains to be seen.

I already made my playlist for my 5k it is as follows

Tommorow-Death Cab for Cutie
Into the Mirror-Minus the Bear
Backass-Karen O featuring Peaches
Everlong-Foo Fighters
Empire State of Mind-Jay Z & Alicia Keys
4 minutes- Madonna, Justin Timberlake, & Timbaland
Its my life-No Doubt
I know you want me (Calle Ocho)-Pitbull
100 yard dash-Raphael Saadiq
Last night-The Strokes
Let Go-Frou Frou
Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
Miles away-Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Sweet disposition-The Temper Trap
Tightrope-Janelle Monae feat Big Boi
1901-Phoenix
Second chance-Peter Bjorn & John
Viva la Vida-Coldplay

So there you go that's my playlist. I would be interested to see other peoples playlist to see what keeps them motivated. Mock me if you want, but yes I do have the song from "Rocky" in there. I also have "Gonna Fly Now" in my iPod too! Hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment